Survey Team Leader of Acute Care Facilities in 2 positions available within Maine
Remote-Temporary assignment- ends June 2023 / $31.00 hourly / typically M-Friday, Full-Time/40 hrs, Statewide travel is required, and overnights are often required. Reimbursed for mileage, meals, and lodging. Required equipment will be issued such as laptop and cell phone. Requires reporting to office closest to your home for meetings and trainings. Writing skills assessment will be given.
Dress-code is professional casual and COVID policy will be reviewed upon hire.
Assignment is with Maine Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) / the Division of Licensing and Certification
• Ensures hospitals, nursing homes, home health agencies, hospices, ambulatory surgical centers, dialysis centers, intermediate care facilities for individuals with intellectual disabilities (“ICF/IIDs”), portable x-ray providers, outpatient therapy providers, and rural health centers are taking the very best care of their patients by complying with all relevant state and federal regulations.
• Conducts surveys to determine whether a facility meets Federal and State requirements. These surveys include, and are not limited to, initial certification or licensure, recertification or re-licensure, and revisits. You will also investigate complaints of issues within these facilities.
• Leads the survey/investigation team, Ensures required survey processes are followed,
• Ensures survey team members’ notes are completed and attached in the federal database, reviewing other team member’s work, and ensuring the statements of deficiencies (“SOD”) follow the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ (“CMS”) Principles of Documentation.
• Reviews facilities’ Plans of Correction and, in conjunction with DLC management, determine if those plans will resolve the issues noted in in the SOD;
• Provides technical assistance to providers, to help them understand federal and state regulations.
• Conducts pre-survey document reviews of all pertinent facility history;
• Assigns pre-survey and survey tasks to team members;
• Leads the entrance and exit conferences with facility leadership and your team members;
• Participates in training, including mandatory training required by CMS; and
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: An eight (8) year combination of education and/or professional experience in a health care setting. Writing assessment will be required. Preferred candidates will ALSO have:
o Knowledge of federal and state regulatory requirements for the types of healthcare
o CMS Certification in any or all of the types of providers listed above;
o Knowledge of CMS’s databases ASPEN and/or iQIES;
o Experience working in the types of healthcare providers listed above;
o Knowledge of CMS’s Principles of Documentation;
o Knowledge of State human resource practices and policies;
o Ability to lead a team of people with diverse skills, knowledge, and backgrounds;
o Ability to build and lead teams and critical thinking skills.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to "contact email" address. Cover letter must explain how you meet the Minimum Requirements and state whether you have any of the “Preferred candidates will have” attributes. Call or text questions to 207-446-4772