Acute Care Facilities Surveyor (Maine Registered Nurse License required) in 2 positions available within Maine
No supervisory responsibilities/ No direct care responsibilities. No working holidays, weekends, or shift work.
Temporary assignment ends June 2023 (expected to be extended and may lead to permanent position) / $30.91 hourly / Typically M-Friday, Full-Time/40 hrs/ Statewide travel is required, and overnights sometimes required. Reimbursed for mileage, meals, and lodging. Required equipment (laptop, cell phone, etc) and training will be provided.
Assignment is with Maine Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) / the Division of Licensing and Certification
• Ensures hospitals, home health agencies, hospices, ambulatory surgical centers, dialysis centers, intermediate care facilities for individuals with intellectual disabilities, portable x-ray providers, outpatient therapy providers, and rural health centers are taking the very best care of their patients by complying with all relevant state and federal regulations.
• Provides technical assistance to providers, to help them understand federal and state regulations.
• Participates in training, including mandatory training required by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (“CMS”);
• Will usually be with a team of 2-3 co-workers to determine whether such facilities meet the requirements to be certified or licensed, and as you investigate complaints of patient abuse, neglect, and other issues.
• Participate in entrance and exit conferences with facility leadership;
Registered Nurse and three (3) years of progressively-responsible experience in the field of nursing and/or in the delivery of health care services.
Licensed as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Maine as issued by the State Board of Nursing.
Preferred applicants would also have the following:
• Knowledge of federal and state requirements for the healthcare providers
• CMS Certification in any or all of the types of providers listed above; or
• Experience working in the types of healthcare providers listed above.
To apply, upload a resume and cover letter. The cover letter should explain how you meet the Minimum Requirements and state any of the “Preferred applicants may” attributes and email both documents to firstname.lastname@example.org . For questions, please email email@example.com .